If you’re looking for a chocolate cake recipe from scratch that’s gluten free, then you are in the right place. Serve with cream or ice cream for a real indulgence.
Last week we were in desperate need of cake. Well I was. After my husband having an allergic reaction to a medicine he was given from a routine procedure and being rather poorly from it I needed cheering up and what’s better than cake?
Fudgey chocolate cake.
With lashings of cream to help it go down.
Now I’m not one to jump on the Gluten Free bandwagon. I understand that it’s great for those with real issues but I don’t believe in cutting it out otherwise, however this cake could convince me to ditch flour forever. The lack of flour creates the most amazing texture. It’s a real fudge cake, one that feels oh so decadent.
It’s one of those cakes that gets better the longer you leave it. Ohh it was good. We ate it in two sittings. Yep. A cake that was supposed to serve 8-10. We did in 2. It’s a good job I walk everywhere!
This is such a simple cake to make and chances are you’ll have most of the ingredients anyway. So why not bake it this weekend. It would make the perfect Sunday afternoon cake.
Flourless Chocolate Cake (GF)
– Serves 8/10 –
250g chopped dark chocolate
100 ml strong coffee or espresso (or water)
4 medium eggs
180g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
– Pre-heat your oven to 180ºC/Gas 4. Grease and line a 20cm springform cake tin.
– Place the butter and chocolate in a pan and melt over a low heat. Once melted add in the coffee and set aside to cool.
– In a large bowl whisk the eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until light and fluffy. This takes around 3-4 minutes.
– Stir in the cooled chocolate mix and stir until smooth.
– Pour into your cake tin and bake for 40-15 minutes.
– Once baked, leave in the tin to cool. One cool place the cake in the fridge for 2 hours.
– Serve with cream or ice cream.
Adapted from Kladdkala – Call Me Cupcake
If you give this a go upload a photo and use the hashtag #littlepaperswansbakes . I love seeing you make my recipes.