Spring Daisy Vanillia Cheesecake Recipe
Last weekend my husband suggested making a cheesecake, we haven’t made one in so long and once he mentioned it I couldn’t get the idea out of my head. So cheesecake we made. Of course, me being me, couldn’t just make an ordinary cheesecake, oh no. I put to use the Tala Daisy Cutters (previous AD partners & affiliate link used) I had. They were so easy to use and even the girls sat there and made them with me. It was a bit therapeutic.
It was such a simple thing to make and yet it made so much difference to the look of the cheesecake, it would be perfect for a little spring garden party. The cheesecake itself is a simple classic, vanilla. So fuss or frills just a great taste! The fondant daisies really worked with the flavour and gave it a little extra sweetness that complimented the creamy cheesecake mix. I’ve popped the recipe below if you fancy giving it ago!
Spring Daisy Vanilla Cheesecake
- 250 g digestive biscuits
- 100 g butter melted
- 600 g full fat soft cheese use Philadelphia
- 100 g icing sugar use Billingtons Golden Icing Sugar
- 280 ml double cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Make the daisies using white ready to roll icing and yellow ready to roll icing. Use the Tala daisy cutters to get them neat. Leave to dry for a few hours before using.
- Line a 23cm loose-bottomed tin with baking parchment.
- Pop the digestive biscuits into a bag and crush into a fine sand-like texture.
- Add the melted butter and the crushed biscuits to a bowl and mix together until well combined.
- Tip them into the prepared tin and press firmly down into the base to create an even layer. Leave to set while you make the filling.
- Whisk the double cream into stiff peaks adding a little bit of icing sugar every few seconds. Combine with the soft cheese and vanilla extract slowly, until the mixture comes together.
- Spoon the cheesecake mix onto the cheesecake base. Leave to set for at least 4 hours. Before serving pop on your daisies.