🎈Balloon Cupcakes 🎈 While making these I had the music from Up in my head! Even though the start of that movie makes me sob!
It’s officially less than a month until birthday season in this house. Mine on February 9th, Dion’s 3 days later and then Norah’s on the 1st if March. So I’ve obviously got birthdays on my mind 🥳😂
These cupcakes would be perfect for a birthday party. You could even add the amount of balloobs to match their age 😍 Although I’m not sure the cupcakes will take 30 👀 and I’m not turning 30 anyway. Staying in my 20’s forever ✌🏼😂😂
For the cupcakes:
- 115 g baking butter for cakes
- 115 g caster sugar
- 115 g self raising flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tubes of smarties
- 1 tub of vanilla frosting
- 1 black icing pen
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (170°C, gas mark 5) and line a muffin tin with 6 muffin cases. Using a hand held electric whisk or freestanding mixer mix the butter, sugar and flour on a low speed until it is the texture of breadcrumbs.
- Put the eggs in a jug and whisk by hand. Add the milk and vanilla extract and mix together.
- Pour ¾ of the milk mixture into the dry ingredients & mix on low speed, then mix on a medium speed until smooth & thick.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until ⅔ full.Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes or until risen and springy to the touch. Leave to cool slightly and then place on a wire rack.
- Once cool, cover the cupcake with vanilla frosting. Smooth over any peaks. Add 5 smarties on top, 2 at the top and 3 underneath. (Or any number you like!)Then taking black icing or a black icing pen, pipe 5 strings coming from the balloons. Leave to set before enjoying.