✨ Golden Syrup Traybake ✨ We’re embracing all the home cooked comfort food for January and this ALWAYS goes down a treat.
It’s a take on the classic sponge pudding but a much easier version. I’m not sure who loves it more in this house Edie or Dion 😂
A perfect slow weekend bake. Recipe below 👇🏼
Golden Syrup Traybake
- 250 g golden syrup
- 200 g baking butter for cakes
- 3 medium eggs
- 200 g self-raising flour
- 5 tbsp milk
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Spread the syrup over the bottom of a lined 29cm tin.
- In a big bowl beat the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add in the flour, eggs and milk and mix until smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the top of the golden syrup in the lined tin.
- Bake for 35-40 mins until golden and risen, and a skewer poked into the sponge comes out clean.
- Serve with custard, cream or whatever you fancy!