🐞❤️ Lovebug Cookie Bark 🐞❤️ I’ve said it before as much as I love making chocolate bark I just don’t enjoy eating as much, it feels like something is missing 😂 Step up Cookie/Biscuit Bark. A very simple sugar cookie recipe pressed into the tin and baked while you prepare your love bugs.
Lovebug Cookie Bark
For the cookie
- 225 g Plain Flour
- 150 g baking butter (supermarkets own brands are vegan)
- 75 g caster sugar
For the Lovebugs
- 150 g white chocolate , melted
- 20 edible eyes
- Pink food colouring
- Milk chocolate, melted (optional)
- 200 g white chocolate, melted
- Place the flour, butter and sugar in a bowl. Rub the butter into the dry ingredients until a dough forms. This can take a few minutes.
- Once the dough is formed. Place in the fridge for at least an hour or in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Press the dough into a lined 28cm brownie tin. Bake for 12-15 minutes until the edges start to go golden. Cool.
- While that bakes melt 150g of white chocolate. Use food colouring to dye pink. Pipe 10 circles around 2.5cm wide. Add edible eyes.
- With the remaining pink chocolate, add more pink dye to create a darker pink. Pipe a line down the middle and make it slightly wider towards the end. Then pipe small dots. You can then go in with a milk chocolate to create a smile and some extra details. But get creative! Pop in the fridge to set, this takes around 30 minutes.
- Once the lovebugs are set and the biscuit is cool. Spread over 200g white chocolate. Add the love bugs and any other decorations you like. I went for little hearts. Leave to set in the fridge. To serve use a warmed up knife to cut into slices