🌸🌿 Letter Cake 🌿🌸 This would make such a cute birthday cake! Or even as an activity one weekend. A simple traybake cake and a template and Ta-da!
And now I have to make a N because Norah was not happy I made and E for Edith 😂 I guess this where I should have named them both with the same first letter 🥴😂😂
Letter Celebration Cake
For the cake:
- 400 g baking butter
- 400 g caster sugar
- 7 medium eggs
- 400 g self raising
For the buttercream:
- 250 g butter
- 500 g icing sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- food colouring
For the icing & decoration:
- 100 g icing sugar
- green food colouring
- 2 tsp water
- flower decorations
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan and line a large 38cm roasting tin with baking paper.
- Beat together your butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, self raising flour and beat again until combined well.
- Pour into the tin and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Leave to cool completely before removing from the tin.
- Make up the buttercream by mixing together the icing sugar, butter and milk. Add the vanilla and food colouring into the buttercream and mix.
- Trim the edges of the cake and then cut around a template. You can do this freehand.
- Cover the cake in buttercream and smooth it over. I added lines into the buttercream using a palette knife.
- Mix together the icing sugar, water and green food colouring to make a thick pipe-able icing.
- Pipe up the cake to make flower stems. Add the flowers and leaves.
- Leave to set. The cake will keep in an airtight container for 5 days.